Tuesday 1 November 2011

Bespoke Wedding Accessories

In a previous post I mentioned that one of the benefits of handmade weddings is that you're able to have bespoke items created just for you.

So I thought I would share one of my latest bespoke designs.  Here is a hairvine created for a specific bride who loved the style of a similar hairvine on a celeb but after contacting the designer found out that the piece couldn't be recreated so she contact me.


The bride gave me a few instructions, she didn't like pearls and it had to be long enough to be able to be wrapped around a loose high bun.  She had no budget in mind but sent some photos of things she did and didn't like and commented on the price.  This gave me a great idea of what she was comfortable paying.

With all this information I was able to draw her a sketch of what I thought she would like with the price and email it to her.

What I love about creating new designs with a specific bride in mind is that I get to challenge myself and work on something that I might not have initially thought off. I also tend to get very excited and prioritise the work as I can't wait to see how it will turn out. Plus I know I've got an bride eagerly waiting for the photo that I'll send once it's finished.  I can't help but get caught up in their excitement too.

I'm please to say she loved it, and it's nice to know I've been able to make someone very happy with something I've created. :)

If you're interested in having an bespoke wedding accessory created for you, this page might be useful: Bespoke Bridal Accessories.

I'd be interested to get your opinion on this hair vine.  Do you thing the design would lend itself to a smattering of freshwater pearls?  The crystals are clear AB which isn't to everyone's taste so would clear crystal be better?

No comments:

Post a Comment